Use wine bottles and cereal boxes to make these easy St. Patrick's Day decorations!
If you have empty wine bottles laying around your house, don’t throw them away! Upcycle them to create a fun and easy St. Patrick’s Day craft! These decorative wine bottles are the perfect way to add a touch of green to your St. Paddy’s Day celebration.
- wine bottles with the labels soaked off
- craft glue
- paint brushes/sponges
- green and gold glitter
- empty cereal boxes
- black paint
- hot glue gun
- Brush a light coat of craft glue (regular school glue will work) all over the label-less wine bottle
- Lightly sprinkle green glitter over the bottle so that it adheres to the glue and set aside for it to dry
- Cut a strip of cardboard from a cereal box to act as the “belt” for your project
- Paint the strip of cardboard black and set aside to dry
- Cut a “buckle” shape from the cereal box
- Brush the “buckle” with glue and then lightly tap gold glitter onto it
- Using a hot glue gun, wrap the “belt” around the bottom half of the wine bottle and glue it to secure it
- Attach the “buckle” on top of the “belt” with hot glue
- Add any other festive decorations you may have lying around
- Put some fresh (or fake) flowers into the wine bottle and VOILA!
Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
*This post is sponsored by the Solid Waste Authority of Palm Beach County.