If you're looking for a delicious and simple cookie recipe then look no further!
Emily Forsythe from Louise’s Cakes N’ Things shows us how to make their fan favorite, the turtle cookie!
Turtle Cookie Recipe
- 1 cup butter
- 3 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Chopped pecans
- Milk Chocolate
- Cream 1 cup butter and 3 cups brown sugar in bowl or electric mixer.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix until incorporated.
- Add 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract. The quality of the vanilla really helps to improve the flavor so make sure you get some really good extract.
- Combine dry ingredients (3 cups flour, 1 tablespoon baking powder, 1 teaspoon salt) in a separate bowl. Add dry mixture to dough a little bit at a time and continue stirring until fully incorporated.
- Scoop batter with large cookie scoop and roll in chopped pecans. Flatten out the dough ball a little bit when placing it on the cookie sheet. Don’t try to fit more than 6 on a cookie sheet and give them plenty of room to spread out.
- Place in preheated 350 degree oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Once cookies have cooled, drizzle melted caramel across top of each cookie using piping bag, spoon or spatula.
- Drizzle melted chocolate across top of each cookie in opposite direction to create unique patterns.
- Let cookies air dry for 15 minutes.