The Spring Fling is this weekend!
The 45th Annual Spring Fling is this weekend. And of course they’ll have the perfect fair food, churros! Here is their recipe for this classic comfort food:
- 3 fryers (1 4-liter and 2 2.5 liter): cook the defrosted churros at 300 degrees for 3 minutes.
- Boxes of Churros
- Vegetable Oil
- Sugar We just eye-balled it and mixed it together in a large tin tray. It should be a light brown color. Pour some in a little cup and taste it to make sure the ratio is right.
- Chocolate Sauce: Very popular dipping sauce
- Honey: Use this as a dipping sauce, not quite as popular as chocolate sauce
- Place churro in fryer with hot oil
- Wait until golden and then remove from fryer
- Coat churros in cinnamon and sugar
- Serve plain or with a dipping sauce