Tacos aren't just for dinner anymore and Seis Kitchen has a great recipe for Chorizo & Potato Breakfast Tacos.
Tacos aren’t just for dinner anymore.
In fact, we don’t think there will ever come a time when we would pass on a plate of them.
Seis Kitchen in Tucson offers award-winning regional Mexican cuisine from six culinary regions of Mexico.
One of their signature dishes is Chorizo & Potato Breakfast Tacos and we have the recipe below.
You can find the recipe for Breakfast Tacos Tocino HERE.
Chorizo & Potato Breakfast Tacos
- 2 cups small diced potatoes
- 1 cup small diced onion
- 3/4 pound Mexican chorizo
- 8 large corn tortillas
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro
- Chipotle aioli, to taste
- Sriracha hot sauce, to taste
- Heat oil on medium/low in large skillet. Add diced potatoes and cook until potatoes begin to soften. Add diced onion and cook a 3-4 minutes longer until both potatoes and onions begin to brown on the edges. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Return skillet to stove and add chorizo, cooking at low heat so that it renders without scorching. Stir regularly to break down the chorizo and cook evenly, about 8 minutes. Turn off heat.
- Pour off any excess fat from chorizo and add the cooked potatoes and onions to the skillet. Mix the chorizo and potato mixture well to combine.
- Spoon mixture into warmed corn tortillas and top each with a generous sprinkle of queso fresco, some fresh onion, cilantro, chipotle aioli and sriracha to tour taste.