The Gourmet Girls gave us a great summer salad recipe
The Gourmet Girls showed us this recipe for a light dressing.
- ¾ cup chopped toasted pistachios
- ½ small red onon thinly sliced
- 10 ounces fresh pre washed baby spinach
- 1 quart strawberries hulled and quartered\
- ¾ crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup white balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoon honey
- 1 ½ tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 ½ tablespoon poppy seeds (optional)
In small mixing bowl whisk combine all ingredients except oil. Then slowly whisk in oil until emulsified. Assemble the salad. Place spinach in large serving bowl, add berries, and onion. Drizzle with half the dressing and toss well. Add the feta and pistachios, toss lightly to combine. Add more dressing to taste.
For more info: www.gourmetgirlsglutenfree.com