Mary Steiger and Susan Fulton from Gourmet Girls shared their gluten-free vegan pumpkin chili recipe with us.
Gourmet Girls is well known in the Tucson area for its’ delicious, nutritious and gluten-free menu.
Owners Mary Steiger and Susan Fulton have visited the KOLD studio many times and shared their favorite recipes.
Their newest offering is a gluten-free vegan pumpkin chili, which features butternut squash, beans and pumpkin puree.
We’ve posted the full recipe below, but you can find more from the Gourmet Girls HERE.
Gluten-Free Vegan Pumpkin Chili
- ¼ cup cooking oil
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1 cup diced butternut squash
- 1, 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1, 15-ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1, 15-ounce can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1, 46-ounce can tomato juice
- 3, 15-ounce cans peeled and diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- In a large pot over medium heat, saute onions, peppers and butternut squash in oil for five minutes
- Stir in beans, tomato juice, diced tomatoes and pumpkin puree
- Season with spices
- Simmer for one hour