The Dickey's Crew came by to show us how they make the Pulled Pork & Polish Sausage Westerner Sandwich.
- 6 TBSPs Dickey’s Barbecue Pit brand Rib Rub (sold at Dickey’s)
- 1 Pork Butt (5-7 pounds)
- Kielbasa Sausage link(s) found at most grocery stores
Additional ingredients to build your Pulled Pork & Polish Sausage Westerner:
- Cheddar Cheese slices
- Toasted Hoagie Bun
- Fresh onion (optional)
- Pickle slices (optional)
- Rub pork butt with 6 TBSP Dickey’s brand Rib Rub
- Foil boat the pork butt
- Smoke at 225 degrees F. for 14 hours
- Fork test, and verify internal temperature is 165 degrees F.
- Grab squish tickle method to serve.
- Serve on a roll, or on the side, next to your favorite sides.
- Smoke sausage links at 275 degrees for 20 minutes and verify internal temperature of 145 degrees, Slice.
Pulled Pork & Polish Sausage Westerner BUILD:
- Assemble your Texas-sized sandwich starting with your toasted hoagie bun.
- Pile on prepared pulled pork, then add sliced polish sausage.
- Add cheddar cheese slices, plus optional fresh onion, sliced pickles, and barbecue sauce.
- ENJOY on its own, or pair it with your favorite side dish.
For more info: https://www.dickeys.com/