The King of BBQ's, Val Romero, of Arizona Grill & Hearth came by the studio to show us how he makes this unique dish, with his unique brand of spices.
- 6 large Peppers (Green, Yellow, and/or Red)
- 1 pound Ground Chicken Sausage (any sausage preference will do)
- Green Chiles (small jar or can)
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 2 tsp. The King of BBQ: Kings Creole
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese for topping
- A dash or more of The King of BBQ: Hot Sauce Hotel (to taste)
Preparation Instructions (must be specific, no vague amounts i.e. “pinch or scoop”):
Set Smoker temperature to 220 degrees F.
Cut tops off of your peppers and use a spoon to hollow out the center, removing inner flesh and seeds.
Mix raw ground sausage, green chiles, tomatoes, The King of BBQ’s: Kings Creole together in a large bowl until evenly blended. Divide into 6 portions and place each portion into a pepper. Add mozzarella cheese to the tops of each pepper.
Place all 6 peppers in an aluminum tin to keep them from falling over. Add to the pre-heated smoker for 2.5-3.5 hours until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Chicken sausage should be cooked to 165°F. Beef, pork, lamb or veal sausage should be cooked to 160°F.
For more info: http://ilovethekingofbbqs.com