We asked you Create-A-Cupcake for the Gourmet Girls Gluten-Free Bakery and boy did you deliver.
Here is the recipe that they made on the show:
Gluten Free Buttermilk Cupcakes
- 1 1/2sticks unsalted butter, softened ( holds it shape but dents when pressed)
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cupsgluten free flour (spooned into measuring cup and leveled off)
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, line 2 12 ct cupcake pans.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, xanthan, baking powder, baking soda and salt for 30 seconds. Set aside
- In another bowl, add the buttermilk, oil and vanilla. Set aside..
- In the bowl of your mixer, add the butter and mix at medium speed until smooth. Gradually add the sugar and continue to mix on medium speed for 3 to 5 minutes until lightened in color and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time mixing until the yellow of the yolk disappears.
- Alternately add the flour mixture and buttermilk mixture, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients (3 additions of dry ingredients and 2 of liquid).
- Do not mix above medium speed or over mix the cake batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with just few crumbs attached. Let cool 10 minutes and turn out.
Sponsored by Gourmet Girls Gluten-Free Bakery.