For those who love to watch movies outdoors, especially classic movies, it’s that time of year again – Cinema La Placita.
This summertime tradition kicks off its 19th season of showing classic films in the beautiful plaza of the Tucson Museum of Art.
The move to the Tucson Museum of Art has brought a number of benefits to the event, including the dining at nearby Cafe a la Cart, food trucks and beer and wine available for sale to enjoy during the movie.
May 2018 movies:
- May 31 Crimes and Misdemeanors (1989) Rated PG-13. Starring Martin Landau, Woody Allen, Mia Farrow, Alan Alda, Jerry Orbach and Angelica Houston. Directed by Woody Allen.
June 2018 movies:
- June 7 Purple Rain (1984) Rated R. Starring Prince, Apollonia Kotero and Morris Day.
- June 14- Top Hat (1935) Not Rated. Starring Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers.
- June 21- Born Yesterday (1950) Not Rated. Starring William Holden and Judy Holliday. Directed by George Cukor.
- June 28- Road to Morocco (1942) Not Rated. Starring Bing Crosby, Bob Hope and Dorothy Lamour.
As always, since the film series began 19 years ago, admission is $3, and popcorn is free!
Parking is available in the Tucson Museum of Art parking lot, as well as ample street parking in the surrounding area. Street parking is also free after 5 p.m.
Cinema La Placita, Inc. is a 501c3 non profit corporation, and all proceeds contribute directly to the programming of the film series. Sponsorship and donation information can be found at www.cinemalaplacita.com. Follow Cinema La Placita on Facebook at www.facebook.com/cinemalaplacita or Twitter at www.twitter.com/cinemalaplacita