The Forum came by the studio to share this recipe and talk about their fall festival.
The folks from Forum Downtown came by the studio to show us how they make their chicken and fruit salad, as well as their Poppy Seed Dressing.
- 4, 4-ounce chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons fresh cracked lemon pepper
- 1 cup strawberries, stems removed, cut into quarters
- 1 cup green grapes, cut in half
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or blueberries
- 5 to 6 ounces spring salad mix or baby spinach
- 1 cup Poppy Seed Dressing
- Use a flat mallet, wrap the chicken breast in plastic wrap and pound breast until it is about inch thick.
- Season breast with lemon pepper and grill until cooked.
- In a mixing bowl, combine strawberries, grapes and dried fruit.
- Mix to combine ingredients.
- Evenly divide the salad mix on chilled plates or in salad bowls. Top the greens with approximately’/ cup of the fruit mix. • Cut chicken breast in strips crosswise. Place one chicken breast on top of the greens and vegetables. • Drizzle 1 to 2 ounces of dressing over chicken and greens.
POPPY SEED DRESSING
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons agave or honey
- 11/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard ‘A teaspoon of sea salt
Combine all ingredients and whisk to blend.
The Forum is having a fall festival Saturday, October 6th.
For more info go here.